Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fundraising

So, my dear friends that I mentioned previously are hoping to bring Artem back for Christmas!! I cannot tell you how excited I am. For one thing, I am pretty sure it will be his first ever Christmas with Christ at the center- who knows what seeds might begin to grow? Secondly, it is the first step in what I hope will become his forever family! Now, there are a ton of pieces that have to fall into place for this to happen, but this sweet family who previously had no plans whatsoever to pursue adoption are quite smitten with our boy, and are quite open to whatever God has in store. So, let's see this miracle begin.

As is so often the case, the biggest obstacle looming in front of this family is financial. Hosting fees are simply to cover travel and visa expenses, but they can be overwhelming at an already expensive time of year. And we wont even get into the topic of potential adoption fees yet- lets see God move this small mountain first. So, I need your help. I will be posting about fundraising opportunities in the near future- please don't tune me out. We have a chance to make a HUGE difference in the life of this child. Now, if you know me you know my heart bleeds for orphans worldwide and I know that this can seem like a tiny piece. But it is a BIG deal for Artem. What are the current stats of orphans worldwide- 167 million? Overwhelming, I know. But we have to impact that number one at a time. Lets offer some love to the one right here in front of us. He is ever so worthy. Here is the link to the active.com fundraising site. Seriously people- if just my facebook friends each donated $10 each, we would have this in the bag. And if YOU felt lead to repost this on your wall, and some of your friends donated- well- we could start chipping away at that second mountain looming in the distance called adoption fees. Please please please. Let's change his world!





Bring Artem Home for Christmas!

0 comments: